Apple Kuchen is a tasty German cake perfect for a fall or winter treat!
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- ¼ cup margarine, softened
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- 4 large Granny Smith apples
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350℉ (175℃). Grease and flour a 9×13-inch pan. Peel, core and cut each apple into 8 wedges. Set aside for now.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cake mix, coconut and margarine until crumbly. Pat the mixture lightly into the prepared pan, building up the edges slightly to form a crust. Arrange the apple wedges on top.
- Mix together the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over the apples and the cake mixture.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and the sour cream. Drizzle over the top of the cake.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes, or until the edges of the cake are golden brown and the apples are tender. Serve warm or let cool.