Beth brought her A-game with this Oreo Cheesecake recipe that tied for the winning dish of our Fall 2017 Potluck.
- 20 Oreo cookies (regular or Double Stuf)
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 24 oz. (675g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream or plain full-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 18 Oreo cookies, crumbled (regular or Double Stuf)
- Whipped cream for topping (optional)
- Adjust oven rack to the lower third position and preheat oven to 350℉ (175℃).
- Place a 9-inch springform in the center of a large sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil (about 18×18 inches). Carefully wrap foil around sides of cheesecake pan (make sure you don’t create any holes in the foil!). Spray inside of springform pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse 20 Oreos to fine crumbles.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the Oreo crumbs and melted butter until well combined.
- Press mixture into an even layer in bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 9-10 minutes. Allow to cool as you prepare the filling.
- Using a hand-held electric mixer or a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add in sour cream or yogurt and the vanilla and mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix on low speed just until combined.
- Gently fold in 13 crumbled Oreos. Do not over-mix.
- Pour filling into the cooled crust.
- Place the springform pan into a large roasting pan and place in the oven. Fill the roasting pan with hot water until the water level comes about halfway up the outside of the cheesecake pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 50-60 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Turn oven off and open the door slightly. Let cheesecake rest in the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely at room temperature. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Loosen cheesecake from the rim of the pan and remove the rim.
- Top with whipped cream, crumble remaining 5 Oreos and sprinkle over cheesecake.
- Cut into slices and serve chilled.